The best magazine
How to Create a Bootable USB Disk
- 1). Navigate to the Microsoft Windows USB/DVD Tool download page on Microsoft's website.
- 2). Download the most recent version of the DVD/USB Tool for your Windows edition.
- 3). Install the DVD/USB Tool once the download finishes.
- 4). Open the Start Menu, then locate and run the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool from the list of installed programs.
- 5). Click on the "Browse" button located next to "Source File" and select your Windows installation DVD or disk image.
- 6). Click on the "USB Device" button, then select the USB disk you wish to use. Once you have selected the desired flash drive, click on "Begin Copying" to start copying the installation files to the flash drive. You should be able to boot from the USB disk once the process is complete.