The best magazine
How to Polish an Aluminum Wheel Step-by-Step
- 1). Remove the valve stems and tires from the wheels.
- 2). Clean the aluminum wheels by spraying them with a hose.
- 3). Place the wheel on a 5-gallon bucket. Smooth the edges with a file to even them.
- 4). Buff the wheels with various buffing wheels, from coarser to finer. Put buffing compound on the buffing wheel to help with this process. The buffing wheels will take out any pits or imperfections in the aluminum wheels and help restore their smooth surface. Use a rag to clean them before making the transition from the coarser to finer buffing wheels.
- 5). Clean with soap and water. Add polish to a rag and rub the aluminum wheels thoroughly.