The best magazine
How to Remove the Sparks From a 1997 Expedition 5.4
- 1). Park your vehicle on a level spot and engage the parking brake.
- 2). Open the hood and locate your engine's spark plugs. There are eight spark plugs in a 1997 Expedition with a 5.4 liter engine, with four each on the lower half of the left and right side of the engine.
- 3). Remove the plug wires from the spark plugs by tugging them upward. Label the wires after removal to avoid confusion when reattaching them.
- 4). Attach the 3/8-inch spark plug socket to the socket wrench.
- 5). Place the socket over each of the spark plugs, and gently rotate the spark plug to the left until it is released. If this is challenging, use a socket extension to aid in removal.