The best magazine
How to Add Engine Coolant to a 2006 Hyundai Elantra
- 1). Raise the hood of your car and let the engine cool down. The coolant is kept under pressure and removing the cap too soon can cause hot coolant to spew from the tank. You could suffer burns.
- 2). Check the coolant level. The coolant tank is in the front left of your car's engine, just to the left of the oil dipstick. The plastic tank has markings on the side going from "L", for low, at the bottom up to "F", for full, at the top. The coolant level should appear between the two letters.
- 3). Turn the cap on the coolant tank slowly in a counterclockwise direction. This will release the pressure inside the tank. Press down and turn the cap counterclockwise to remove it.
- 4). Pour coolant into the tank until the level is near the "F".
- 5). Return the cap to the tank, screwing it clockwise until tight.