The best magazine
How to Create Custom Post Type in Wordpress
- 1). Sign-in to the WordPress control panel.
- 2). Click the drop-down box next to the "New Page" button at top-right of the WordPress webpage and click "New Post."
- 3). Type the heading of your post in the "Enter title here" box on the "Add New Post" webpage.
- 4). Type your post or article in the box below the title box.
- 5). Click "Upload/Insert" to add an image to your post. Hold the cursor over the button to see the "Add an Image" hint.
- 6). Click "Browse" on the "Add an Image" dialog box. Navigate to the location on your computer where the image is stored. Double-click the image to select it and click the "Upload" button.
- 7). Click the "ABC" button to proofread your post for spelling and grammatical mistakes. If a spelling mistake is found then the misspelled word will be underlined in red. Grammatical mistakes will be underlined in green. Right-click the red/green underlined word/sentence to be shown alternate suggestions. Click to select a suggestion. Repeat this step until you get the "no error" found message.
- 8). Choose a category for your post below "Categories," for example: computers, nature, or health. To add a new category, click "Add New Category." Type the new category name in the box that opens and click "Add New Category."
- 9). Click "Publish" to publish the post on your website. Alternatively, click "Save Draft" to save the post now and publish it later.