The best magazine
How to Create Avatars for Virtual People
- 1). Open Paint and click "Image," and then choose "Attributes." Avatars are usually very small-size files, so set your preferred dimensions, such as 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches and click the "OK" button.
- 2). Click the "View" menu, choose "Zoom" and "Custom," then choose "600%" and click "OK." This won't increase your avatar's dimensions, it just gives you more room to draw.
- 3). Click the "Pencil" tool on the "Tools" palette on the left side of the screen. Choose a paint color from the "Color Picker" most resembling the skin color for your avatar; if none of the shades appeals to you, double-click any colored box and select your color from the rainbow.
- 4). Draw the outline of the virtual person, not including any clothes shapes, hair, shoes or accessories. Click the "Fill" tool, which looks like a spilling can of paint and then click inside the person, which will fill with the same skin paint color.
- 5). Change the paint color to black and then draw the virtual person's facial features such as nose and eyes. Change the paint color to a red or pink and draw a mouth; change again to draw the eye color.
- 6). Click the "Paintbrush" tool, and then choose one of the slash-mark brush heads. Click a paint color for the virtual person's hair and then drag your mouse around to draw the hair.
- 7). Click the middle square paintbrush brush head, choose a color and draw the virtual person's shirt. Continue changing paint colors to add pants, skirt, shorts or leggings and shoes.
- 8). Click the smallest circle brush head, change paint colors and then add any accessories such as earrings, nose ring, bracelets, tattoos and facial hair, plus headgear such as a hat or headband.
- 9). Click the "Pencil" tool again and then, as an option, draw any background or additional items for the virtual person, such as a car, yard with flowers, cats or school bag.